Banned Pakistani fast bowler Mohammad Amir said on yesterday he expected to play international cricket again “as soon as possible” after the ICC said it would consider a request for his ban to be relaxed. Mohammad Amir, along with Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif, was banned for at least 5 years of the ICC on allegations of spot-fixing during Pakistan`s tour of England in 2010. PCB interim chief Najam Sethi raised Mohammad Amir’s ban at the annual conference of the ICC in London last week.
On Monday, a PCB spokesperson told AFP that the ICC had established a five-member board to look into Mohammad Amir’s ban. ICC board chairman Giles Clarke, also chairman of the ECB, confirmed the development of the board. In a telephone interview, 21-year-old Mohammad Amir — who was seen as a quickly developing paceman in 2010 — said he was “thankful” at the prospect of certain phrases of the ban being relaxed.
“I am thankful to the PCB chairman Najam Sethi for raising voice for me on the ICC platform and now ICC forming a committee has given me a new vigour to restart my career,”Mohammad Amir said.