Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan’s six-month ban imposed last month for “misbehaviour” has been removed, the BCB said on Tuesday. “After Sept. 15, Shakib will be available for selection,” BCB president Nazmul Hassan told journalists after a board gathering.
However, the embargo on participating in overseas contests will stand. Bangladesh`s most popular cricketer was banned for what the BCB called a “severe attitude problem”. He later apologized and made a passionate public request to the board to minimize the punishment. Tuesday`s decision paved the way for Shakib Al Hasan to play in the home series against Zimbabwe in October-November and the Asian Games start on September 19.
Shakib Al Hasan, who has played 34 tests and 136 ODIs, was accused of going to the West Indies to play in the CPL T20 competition without approval from his board and was later ordered to return to Bangladesh. The 27-year-old had reportedly threatened to leave playing for his country and had an altercation along with coach Chandika Hathurusinghe but Shakib Al Hasan has turned down the allegation.