The ex- Bangladesh captain Shakib-al-Hasan finds himself involved in another controversy after the all-rounder was allegedly engaged in an altercation with a spectator during the 1st ODI against India in Mirpur on Sunday.
Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the acting CEO of the Bangladesh Cricket Board told that the board will hold the responsibility to deal with the accusations and come to a conclusion after a fair discussion. “We have heard of an incident which we will look into after the series. Like you, we have heard of what happened but we haven’t seen. So we have to look at all sides before we can tell you anything more,” Nizamuddin Chowdhury said.
A local newspaper has claimed that a group of spectators teasing Shakib-al-Hasan’s wife in the VIP box was the reason behind the altercation. Earlier this year, Shakib-al-Hasan was banned for 3 ODIs by BCB for making ‘inappropriate gesture’ on live TV during the 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka in Mirpur.