Bollywood star Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Bombay High Court seeking quashing of a complaint file against in a magistrate’s court which wants contempt action for posting court orders in cases against him on website.
Salman’s petition, in which he pleaded that he had made the website only to ensure that there was no incorrect reporting by the media, is expected to come up for hearing tomorrow before Justice KU Chandiwal.
At Bandra court Mumbai, a magistrate issued summons to Salman on July 10 this year following a complaint filed by activist Hemant Patil alleging contempt of court action against the actor for allegedly posting court proceedings on his website which is www.salmankhanfiles.com.
The complaint alleged that Salman Khan was embroiled in legal cases including the 2002 hit-and-run case involving him and said that by posting court matters on the website, Salman had committed contempt of court as the matters were subjudice.
However Salman pleaded in his petition that he had created a website only to ensure that there was no incorrect reporting by the media and that the website gave factual information about his cases. He said nothing else beyond that and no contempt had been committed by him.
Salman pleaded that he complaint and the summons issued to him may be quashed and set aside. The actor said the magistrate had not applied his mind on the complaint filed.